Can't Get Out of Your Own Way? Try This

Sometimes we can't get out of our own way. At work, it can hold us back from doing the best we can.

This explanation from the popular website, Psychology Today, explains it in simple terms:

"As it’s generally understood, “getting out of your own way” implies somehow putting aside the anxieties and doubts,ego concerns and career pressures, “mental blocks” and “critical inner voices”---pick your favorite pet term---that stand between you and the effortless flow of work."

Here's a little prayer for us Catholics for those times when we can't get out of our own way. You'll see it's got nothing to do self-confidence, with pumping yourself up. Take some time with this. Think about what you're reading. Consider meditating on those points that particularly hit home.

Lord, Let me know Thee
(Petitions of St. Augustine)

Lord Jesus, let me know myself;
Let me know Thee,
And desire nothing else but Thee.
Let me hate myself and love Thee,
And do all things for Thy sake.
Let me humble myself and exalt Thee,
And think of nothing else but Thee.
Let me die to myself and live in Thee,
And take whatever happens as coming from Thee.
Let me forsake myself and walk after Thee.
And ever desire to follow Thee.
Let me flee from myself and turn to Thee,
That so I may merit to be defended by Thee.
Let me fear for myself, let me fear Thee.
And be among those that are chosen by Thee.
Let me distrust myself and trust in Thee,
And ever obey for the love of Thee.
Let me cleave to nothing but Thee,
And ever be poor because of Thee.
Look upon me that I may love Thee,
Call me that I may see Thee,
And forever possess Thee,
For all eternity.
Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts