A Sunday Thought About the Sacred Heart of Jesus to Start the Week Off Right

These Sundays of June we've focused on devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. To further inspire our devotion, we have only to turn to the prayer many of us Catholics say each morning upon awakening. While you may not have thought about this lately, in the Morning Offering we specifically acknowledge the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Remember? We pray for the following intentions attributed to the Sacred heart as taught to St Margaret Mary by Our Lord Himself:
  • Salvation of souls
  • Reparation for sin
  • Reunion of all Christians 
How many times I say these words upon awakening, and yet how many times the words pass right on through my brain by the process of mere mental repetition with little recognition. I'm reminded now that the habit of prayer is good, but habitual prayer without real attention and intention won't do!

I'm rushing through a prayer so I can get to what? Something more important?

Re-read those intentions, remember that Our Lord Himself asks us to pray for these intentions. Now  what was so pressing that I rushed through my Morning Offering? What exactly in my life cold be more important than Our Lord's intentions?

If you're not praying the Morning Offering as you wake up, consider doing so.
O Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary,
I offer you my prayers, works, joys, sufferings of this day,
in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass throughout the world.
I offer them for all the intentions of your Sacred Heart;
the salvation of souls, the reparation for sin, the reunion of all Christians;
I offer them for the intentions of our bishops and of all members of the Apostleship of Prayer,
and in particular for those recommended by the Holy Father this month.
Amen.
Two Sundays past we posted "Immaculate Mary" by a wonderful English choir. Now here we post their rendition of an English version of a French hymn, "To Jesus' Heart, All Burning."




Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us!

Comments

Popular Posts