A Special Ascension Thursday Thought and Prayer to Help Keep God Present with Us at Work Today

On that first Ascension Thursday Our Lord left this world - at least His glorified physical body did. He really didn't leave us. And within ten days, on the first Pentecost Sunday, the Apostles and all the others gathered with them found that out in dramatic fashion. On that day, all understood that Father, Son, and Holy Spirit were now present, forever to remain with them throughout each day of their lives.

Over two thousand years later, we need to remind ourselves that Our Lord never left us. He's still here, along with His Father and His Holy Spirit. And as we march off to work on this Ascension Thursday, here's a simple prayer from Father Raoul Plus, S.J. to help us remember that God is always with us. With the help of this prayer, I hope we can keep Him present in our thoughts, our words, and all our actions this day, no matter how busy we get at work.

“O Holy Trinity, residing in the intimacy of my soul, grant that I may often think of Your ineffable presence within me; grant that I may so live with this Presence and by this Presence that I may retire within It on any occasion. Even when I am most likely to be distracted, the habit of doing all with You will keep me near You, living through You.”

Wishing you all a Happy Ascension Thursday.

(And don't forget to get to Mass!)

Comments

Popular Posts