Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving has arrived. I'm off from work and, in a bit, on to cooking our family meal (something I enjoy doing), which we'll share with a number of our children who can make it today.

My list of things for which to be thankful is virtually endless. I hope yours is too. This year, one of our sons has to work on Thanksgiving, so he'll be coming later. Our daughter-in-law is working too, but she'll be coming earlier for a bit. I'm just grateful they can come at all.

Here, to start this wonderful day, a passage from Colossians I've quoted in the past onThanksgiving. It's worth repeating:

As therefore you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so live in him, rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving.

A shout out to all those working on Thanksgiving this year: You're probably doing something essential or otherwise important to some or all of us, so special thanks to you. I remember I especially missed being with my family when I worked on a few Thanksgivings, but I also remember especially enjoying Thanksgiving dinner when I arrived home. So if you're working, just keep close to Our Lord and the day will be filled with blessings.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Comments

Popular Posts