Work in a Spirit of Perfect Trust in God

The cares of work naturally require our attention, our best efforts, sometimes every drop of energy we have on any given day. Last time we saw how everything that happens - the good and the bad - is God's will. So even in the midst of our busiest days at work, the ability, really the discipline, to simply trust in Him moment by moment, clears a sure path to our growing ever closer to Him. If every thought, word, and action throughout this day can be done trusting in His ultimate Good Will towards us, no matter whether our efforts succeed or fail, not matter how we happen to feel, we can be assured of an advance in holiness, a step forward in our spiritual progress. Here's a prayer to help us all in that holy effort.

Perfect Trust

“Oh, for the peace of a perfect trust,
My loving God, in Thee;
Unwavering faith, that never doubts
Thou choosest best for me.
Best, though my plans be all upset;
Best, though the way be rough;
Best, though my earthly store be scant;
In Thee I have enough.
Best, though my health and strength be gone,
Though weary days be mine,
Shut out from much that others have;
Not my will, Lord, but Thine.
And e’en though disappointments come,
They too are best for me;
To wean me from this changing world,
And lead me nearer Thee.
Oh, for the peace of a perfect trust
That looks away from all;
That sees Thy hand in everything,
In great events and small;
That hears Thy voice – a Father’s voice –
Directing for the best,
Oh, for the peace of a perfect trust,
A heart with Thee at rest.”
(Author unknown)

Comments

Popular Posts