Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving has arrived. I'm off from work and, in a bit, on to cooking our family meal (something I enjoy doing), which we'll share with a number of our children who can make it today.

My list of things for which to be thankful is virtually endless. I hope yours is to0. This year, I'm especially thankful for my uncle who died this past July. He was a wonderful, warm and generous soul who will always be missed. In this month of the Holy Souls, he's been at the top of my list for special prayers, as is my aunt who survives him and to whom he was married for 68 years.

Here, to start this wonderful day, a passage from Colossians I've quoted in the past onThanksgiving. It's worth repeating:

As therefore you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so live in him, rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving.

And again, a special shout out to all those working on Thanksgiving this year. You're probably doing something essential or otherwise important to some or all of us, so thanks to you. I remember I especially missed being with my family when I worked, but I also remember especially enjoying Thanksgiving dinner when I arrived home. Just keep close to Our Lord and the day will be filled with blessings.)

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Comments

Popular Posts