A Sunday Thought for the End of August

How do these months go by so quickly?!!

We now enter the last two weeks before Labor Day. It's a relatively quiet time all around, or at least has traditionally been so. Many of us take time off because work tends to slow down since - well, many of us are taking time off. It's time to switch from our relatively serious discussions of these past weeks to something lighter.

I hope you get a bit of a breather at this time of year. As for me, if things work out, I may get to spend more time with my wife and maybe some of our (now grown) kids. We recently celebrated one of ou son's birthdays - his 30th. The thought occurred to me that the most important thing I could think of happening when I was 30 was that my wife became pregnant with him. I really don't remember anything else in particular, certainly nothing to compare, about that year.

So, if you can, spend more time with your family these last days of August - just a suggestion.

Oh, an if you want to get into a more mellow, summery mood, I can't think of anything better than something - virtually anything - sung by the wonderful Nat King Cole. One of my favorites is his magnificent version of Hoagy Carmichael's "Stardust." He includes the verse: "And now the purple dust of stardust time..." and it just floats on from there. Enjoy.


Comments

Popular Posts