A Sunday Morning to Start the Weeek Off

Spring struggled mightily this year to assert itself here in the Northeast, but I think it's finally succeeded. Saturday's weather was "glorious" with temperatures close to 70 and plentiful sunshine. Sunday begins the same.

This sort of wonderful weather makes it easy to thank God for His Creation. Indeed, yesterday morning, I happened upon Psalm 92 during my Scripture reading:

It is good to give thanks to the Lord,
to sing praises to thy name, O Most High;
to declare thy steadfast love in the morning,
and thy faithfulness by night,
to the musin of the lute and the harp,
to the melody of the lyre.
For though, O Lord, has made me glad by thy work;
at the works of thy hands I sing for joy.

When things are going reasonably well and the weather's like this, it's awfully easy to thank the Lord. Even the crosses (and I've got a few) in my life are easier to offer up when the sun's shining, the air is fresh and the sky is blue. At least it is for me.

But, of course, the weather won't always be so perfect. And so I pray for the grace of grace under pressure this week. When it's not so easy to be thankful, I pray God will send me the grace to be thankful nevertheless. I pray He sends me the grace to be good and charitable no matter the weather.



Comments

Popular Posts