40th Anniversary of Roe v Wade

Today marks the 40th anniversary of the Supreme Court of the U.S.'s infamous Roe v Wade decision that opened the floodgates of "legal" abortion. Take a moment or two (or more) from your busy day at work to pray for the unborn today. Specifically remember the tens of millions killed in the last 40 years in the U.S. alone. (If you can stomach it, remember too those around the world, which we suspect adds millions if not tens of millions more.)

Pray to for our country, its leaders and its people (which is us). The wealthiest, most powerful country indulges in mass murder of innocents. I always remember this when I think of the hardships caused by our economic and financial crisis. I think of how God is a God of mercy and justice. And at times, a great fear sets itself deep inside when I contemplate what goes on around us each day in the killing rooms in this country.

Friends have gone to Washington to march. I'll be working. One of our priests recommends prayer and fasting - a good idea. So I'll pray and fast today. My fast is simple: no food until dinner tonight. It's no big deal, really. I'll go to Mass too. What will you do? Do something. Beg for mercy from Almighty God.

Your work is important. This is more important.

Comments

Popular Posts