A Sunday Morning Thought to Start the Week Off Right

We've had an unusually hectic time these days before Christmas - for both good and not so good reasons. Through it all, the struggle to keep a Blessed Advent continues, centered on the struggle to completely abandon myself to Our Lord and His Holy Will.

Is He testing me? Nah, I doubt it. Whatever struggles I've been having, however much the world impinges on my spiritual preparations, it's nothing compared to what so many others have and do struggle with.

Then again, if this is some sort of test, He probably keeps it light knowing what a "worm and no man" I really am.

So as for those Christmas "blues," and the fact that my Advent, as usual, seemed to fly by with so little real effort on my part to observe this holy season as I had planned, Christmas will indeed arrive in a couple of days.

And for us Catholic men at work, whether we're feeling a bit blue even though we're off from work, working during the coming week, or even perhaps working on Christmas Day itself, here's something we can all remember:

Christ's birth changed everything. The weariness of work that fell on our shoulders as a result of the sins of our first parents, Adam and Eve, was changed. Even as we still may be weary from work, that same work can be sanctified now, offered up to Our Father in Heaven, even become a kind of prayer, instead of a punishment for that Original Sin. It's time to realize this. It's time to live it!

I wish you a blessed and, yes, very merry Christmas. And not just one day, December 25th, but the whole Christmas Season.

Comments

Popular Posts