Starting Thanksgiving Off Right

Thanksgiving has arrived, always a great day in our house. I'm off from work and, in a bit, on to cooking our family meal (something I enjoy doing), which we'll share with a number of our children who can make it today.

Today isn't a religious feast, rather a national, even patriotic one. But it's not too hard to immediately turn to thanking God for all He has done for us, is it? My list of things to be thankful for is virtually endless. I hope yours is to.

Here, to start this wonderful day, a passage from Colossians I came across and posted last Thanksgiving. It's worth repeating:

As therefore you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so live in him, rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving.

(A special shout out to all those working on Thanksgiving this year, as I did a number of years. You're probably doing something essential or otherwise important to some or all of us, so thanks to you. I remember I especially missed being with my family when I worked, but I also remember especially enjoying Thanksgiving dinner when I arrived home. Just keep close to Our Lord and the day will be filled with blessings.)

Happy Thanksgiving to all!




Comments

Popular Posts