The Best Time to Call on Jesus

I'm banging my head against the wall. It's a new business project I've tackled and, sure enough, it's just come to a dead stop. The research phase has me wondering: Should I go this way, that way?...I'm just not sure.

Isn't it my job to just grind it out, work harder, think, think, think...sweat, sweat, sweat? Of course I've got to push. Can't be lazy, can't be despondent.

So I push and push...and still I'm on the verge of despair. I just can't move from this spot. I'm stuck.

But wait. Haven't I forgotten something? Sure I have. I haven't checked in with Jesus. Not only that, I've even stopped reading scripture in the morning, before I launch my day. Why? I'm too busy. I've got to get this thing resolved, darn it.

Whew! Thank God I caught myself. So I go back to my Bible, early AM, as is my habit. Guess what? This is what I see - right away - no kidding: "To thee, O Lord, I call; my rock, be not deaf to me, lest, if thou be silent to me, I become like those who go down to the Pit." (Psalm 28:1) Ah, right. Call on Him now. The Pit of despair isn't for me. I work for Him, for His greater glory, don't I. He won't let me down.

What to do now? "Hear the voice of my supplication as I cry to thee for help" (Psalm 28:2) YES! It's coming together now. Slowly, the answer emerges.

Why? Because I called on Him. And then, I listened. I trusted. I waited and listened some more. The answer comes.

Got to remember: you're never too busy to read scripture for 15 minutes or so in the morning. NEVER. The answers are always there.

Comments

Popular Posts